silly presumption

ronak shah

I practice conversations. Our conversations. I play them. Even imagine your dialogues, utter them with real gestures. How you'll say them, how will I react. How you'll make fun of everything I say/do, in between the most serious things I'm telling you.


Like yesterday, when you called my poetry "cheesy",and we laughed it off. Maybe that's your way to avoid "the awkward silence" followed later. Maybe, it was cheesy!


Though I even imagine how I'll counter those wits


I imagine, re imagine everyday.. Everything. In my head.


And when I'm done, I pray to God that it never happens.

Because, you once told me, "distance was never about proximity". You were right, I know because now I leave whatsapp when you're online. I don't ask about your day, when every second of mine went thinking of you. I don't make desperate attempts to start a conversation. 


Because, I wanna stay quiet and stay in your vicinity, than ask about your day and end up ruining mine. Remember, I never gave you the script, it was my story, it still is! 


silly presumption silly presumption Reviewed by Ronak shah on June 13, 2018 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.